Royal Jelly is a thick milky substance secreted by the glands of working bees to feed developing larvae and queen bees. The queen bee consumes nothing but royal jelly during her entire life, which is about 50 times longer than the life of an average bee.
The health benefits of royal jelly are both impressive and extensive. As a super food, it is a rich source of B complex vitamins providing energy and stamina, as well as supporting the nervous system and reducing stress. Royal jelly contains vitamins A, C, D and E, known for their powerful antioxidant and anti-aging benefits, and is a rich source of amino acids and minerals.
Some of the many health benefits of Royal Jelly include:
- Helps to lower blood lipids and cholesterol;
- May prolong life span due to its antioxidant levels;
- Acts as a nutritive energy tonic;
- Stimulates the immune system to fight viral and bacterial infection;
- Helps to keep skin smooth, toned and elastic;
- Supports wound healing;
- Protects the liver;
- Increases physical strength;
- Helps to facilitate fertility;
- Stimulates memory and mental function;
- May help boost metabolism;
- Promotes sexual vitality and rejuvenation;
- May help with autoimmune issues such as rheumatism
Been Pollen is collected on the legs of honeybees as they pollinate flowers. The pollen, combined with bee secretions, is a major food source for the bees. It is considered one of nature’s most completely nourishing foods as it contains nearly all nutrients required by humans. Bee-gathered pollens are rich in proteins (approximately 40% protein), free amino acids, antioxidants, vitamins, including B-complex, and folic acid.
Bee Pollen is more rich in proteins than any animal source. It contains more amino acids than beef, eggs, or cheese of equal weight. About half of its protein is in the form of free amino acids that are ready to be used directly by the body.
It is important to recognise that one-teaspoon dose of pollen takes one bee working eight hours a day for one month to gather!
Here are just a few of the many great reasons to add fresh Bee Pollen to your daily diet:
- Energy enhancer: a great natural energizer
- Skin soother: helps to treat inflammatory conditions and common skin irritations like psoriasis and eczema;
- Immune system booster: helps protect the body from contracting viruses due to its antibiotic-like properties;
- Supports cardiovascular system: Bee Pollen contains large amounts of Rutin, an antioxidant bioflavonoid that helps strengthen capillaries, blood vessels, assists with circulatory problems and corrects cholesterol levels;
- Treating allergies: Pollen reduces the presence of histamine, ameliorating many allergies. Wonderfully effective against a wide range of respiratory diseases as well as asthma, allergies, and sinus problems.
[box type=”info”]Royal Jelly can be found in our Organic Dairy Section[/box]