Policy For Charitable Giving
Kirk Market Donations & Sponsorship Request Policy
Kirk Market strives to give back to the community of the Cayman Islands through charitable donations and sponsorships to organizations/programs/events which focus on health & fitness, humanitarian services, environmental preservation and animal compassion.
The following information will explain our procedures and guidelines regarding donations and sponsorships. These procedures and guidelines are designed to assist you with your requests, specifically as it relates to Kirk Market’s potential involvement with your charitable organization or event.
Policies And Procedures For Submitting A Request
- Monetary donations are against our company policy. Charitable and sponsorship requests must be in the form of food items, products or Kirk Market gift cards.
- All donation requests must be submitted online. Written, fax and email requests are no longer accepted.
- The online donation request form must be filled out completely in order for your request to be considered.
- Once the request form is completed and submitted, you will be e-mailed an automated response confirming we have received your donation/sponsorship request.
- Your request for a donation item or sponsorship must be received by Kirk Market at least four (4) weeks prior to the day your organization needs the contribution.
- Submissions are reviewed once a month (2nd Wednesday of each month) by our Charity & Sponsorship Review Committee
- A final decision will be communicated up to 10 days before the event date.
- Non-profit organizations must be formally registered with the Cayman Islands Government.
Due to the large volume of requests received on a monthly basis, there are no exceptions to the above guidelines.
While we would like to support all causes we consider worthy and in-line with our corporate values, the Kirk Market Charitable Donations Fund has a set annual budget allocated for donations/sponsorships and we can only approve a limited number of the many donation request applications received.
Please keep in mind that submitting a request does not guarantee your organization will receive a donation.
Charitable Donations Core Focus
At Kirk Market, we endeavor to give back to the community of the Cayman Islands by supporting organizations that focus on health & fitness, humanitarian services, environmental preservation and animal compassion.
Health & Fitness
Organizations that institute Health and Wellness initiatives supported by Kirk Market shall have the following core areas of focus:
- Nutritional Literacy: Increasing public awareness and education about the importance of choosing healthy food options and incorporating fitness in to daily life.
- Prevention of disease through healthy diet and lifestyle habits
- Athletic events (excluding sports where athletes have been known to use performance enhancing drugs)
- Youth Fitness and Athletic Programs
Organizations that institute Humanitarian initiatives supported by Kirk Market shall have the following core areas of focus:
- Programs that offer aid for the economically disadvantaged
- Hunger relief programs
Organizations that institute Environmental initiatives supported by Kirk Market shall have the following core areas of focus:
- Recycling & sustainability
- Conservation efforts of natural habitats of the Cayman Islands
- Public awareness and education about environmental issues such as recycling and conservation
Organizations that institute Animal Compassion initiatives supported by Kirk Market shall have the following core areas of focus:
- Rescue, rehabilitation and adoption of animals that have been subject to abuse or neglect
- Public awareness on animal rights issues such as spay/neuter, adoptions and responsible ownership.
Restrictions For Donations
In order to comply with our core values, we DO NOT utilize our corporate donations fund for the following purposes:
- Political Parties, Associations & Representatives of Advocacy Groups;
- Organizations that discriminate by Race, Creed, Gender, Sexual Orientation, Age, Religion, National Origin or Disability;
- Organizations that pose a conflict of interest with the core values of Kirk Market;
- Team Sponsorships;
- Individuals in pursuit of personal interests/hobbies;
- School trips
- Private or family foundations, functions or events;
- Contests or Pageants;
- Foreign or Non-Cayman-Islands-based organizations (with the exception of disaster relief efforts due to natural disasters aided by reputable charities and organizations);
- Private functions or events that are not fundraising for causes in line with our core charitable focus.
Have you read and understood the above donation guidelines? Clicking “YES” below will take you to our CHARITY DONATION FORM.