Kirk Supermarket underwent a brand and name change and is now called Kirk Market.
Kirk Supermarket was built at its current location, 413 Eastern Avenue.
A year later in 1974 Kirk Brothers constructed a new complex on Eastern Avenue for Wholesale Grocery, Home Centre, Lumber and Heavy Hardware.
Captain Eldon started Kirk Freeport, specialising in duty-free and luxury items, and turning over the day to day management of Kirk Plaza to Captain Charles.
Opened, a supermarket and wholesaler on Cardinall Avenue selling watches, diamond rings, perfume, shoes, linen, food, furniture, refrigerators, lawnmowers, and even cars!
William Kirkconnell came to the Caribbean from Scotland before 1840 by courtesy of the Royal Navy, becoming shipwrecked off the coast of Cuba. At the time he was shipwrecked it was customary for British ships on their return to the UK to stop at Grand Cayman for fresh turtle meat…