Date: May 20, 2022
FDA Publish Date: May 20, 2022
Company Name: The J. M. Smucker Co.
Brand Name: Jif
Product Description: Peanut Butter
The J. M. Smucker Co. is recalling select Jif® peanut butter products sold in the U.S. due to potential Salmonella contamination.
Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
Affected Jif Products Sold By Kirk Market
- Jif Crunchy Peanut Butter 16 oz (5150025537)
- Jif Creamy Peanut Butter to go 4.5 oz (5150024137)
- Jif Crunchy Peanut Butter 28 oz (5150024163)
- Jif Creamy Peanut Butter 28 oz (5150024177)
- Jif Squeezable pouch 13 oz (5150024545)
- Jif Omega 3 Peanut Butter 16 oz (5150025530)
- Jif Natural Creamy Peanut Butter 16 oz (5150025565)
- Jif Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter 16 oz (5150025574)
Recalled products include the products above with lot codes 1274425 – 2140425. Lot codes are included alongside best-if-used-by date.
All affected products have been removed from our shelves. In order to keep our customers as safe as possible, we are requesting that if you have purchased any of these products from Kirk Market, you are urged to cease use and dispose of them immediately or return the product with the receipt for a full refund. The management of Kirk Market will continue to monitor this situation as the health and well being of our customers is our priority.